Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

For the past several years, our family has been in Canada during the 4th of July. This year, we were actually in town! We were thrilled to be able to spend our evening with a great group of friends, hosted by Allen and Kristen. We all met to swim (everyone except me, that is), eat, and hang out. When it started getting dark, our families walked together about a half mile to a grassy area outside of Buchanan's stadium to watch the fireworks show. I was sure that Grace was going to freak out by the loud fireworks, but she surprised me, because she did great. I wasn't as concerned about Jeremy, and of course, he was awed by them. He started getting squirmy near the end, wanting to walk around, but then what's new. I'm actually amazed he sat as long as he did. Our kids had a lot of fun this past week celebrating Canada and the U.S.'s birthdays! Isn't our family so patriotic?! (Slideshow on the right)

No comments: