Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Edmonton All-Comers Meet

This past Tuesday, Jason ran in an Edmonton All-Comers Meet. If you recall from a previous post, I mentioned that Jason has recently started running track again. It just so happens that Edmonton holds open track meets throughout the summer, so Jason decided to try it out. My sister came with me and the kids to watch his race. Due to his ongoing tendonitis issues, he decided just to run the 200 m. In his glory days, this was his favorite race. Unfortunately, Grace and Jeremy did not cooperate- between Jeremy not wanting to sit and instead wanting to run along the bleachers, and Grace constantly complaining about how hot she was and how she wanted to go home, I once again missed Jason's race. Luckily, Sarah was able to record the race while I tended to Jeremy's screaming and Grace's whining. Jason was the only person in his age bracket to race, so they put him in a heat with two college runners. His time ended up being 23.90 seconds (no injuries- yay!). He will probably run in next week's All-Comers Meet, but there's no way I'm bringing the kids! (If you listen closely, you can hear Jeremy's screaming in the background!)



On a side note, Jason was looking up Canadian records and he discovered that if he had been born in Canada, his high school record for the 200 m in 1994 would've made him the fastest high school 200 m sprinter in Canada that year. Isn't that crazy to think about?!?!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, life with kids! I know how you feel. We went to the Exploration Place yesterday and every time I stopped to read/do something I thought was interesting I'd lose track of one of the kids. It's so nerve-wracking that after this happened twice I gave up on seeing things for me and just followed the kiddos with my eyes. We did go for them though, and they had a great time!

Christa Wiens said...

Way to go, old man :)