Thursday, July 19, 2012

Seattle

Our border crossing through Peace Arch was as easy as it could possibly be.  Aside from a short wait, we had no troubles at all.  On my to-do list is getting Grace a new passport!!!  I am so thankful that everything fell into place!
 
Next on our roadtrip was a stop in Seattle.  We decided to visit the Museum of Flight, mostly because we know Jeremy loves airplanes.  We ended up spending over 4 hours in this fantastic museum.  It was very informational and really large- we didn't get to see everything this museum had on display. I found it fascinating to read about space exploration and they had a wonderful exhibit I wish I could take my 5th graders to.  We even got to walk through a Concorde plane and a retired Air Force One plane.  The kids had a great time and Jason loved reading up on all the planes.  I'll be honest- I left feeling a little overwhelmed by everything.  It was brain overload!





After our visit, we headed to Pike Place Market and wandered around.  FUN!  It was neat to see all of the vendors, particularly the seafood places selling their catches of the day.  We ate delicious clam chowder for dinner before heading to our hotel for the night.

No comments: