Saturday, July 7, 2012

My "Sisters"

(clockwise from L: me, Sarah, Linda, Binh, Thao) 

The girls in the picture above are my "sisters."  I have known these girls pretty much my whole life.  Through many ups and downs and despite the distance, we have been able to remain close.  It's a wonder, really, because aside from my actual sister, Sarah, I don't really keep in touch with the other girls throughout the year.  Somehow though, every year when I see them, we are able to pick up right where we left off.  I've always wondered- how is it that some relationships are so easy and natural, and others require so much more?

Last night, the five of us went out for dinner.  It was so wonderful- we chatted, got updates on each others' lives, and hung out for almost 5 hours.  I am so blessed to have this amazing support system- even though we don't live near each other, and even though our lives continually change, I know with certainty that I will always have these girls in my life.

No comments: