Monday, November 25, 2013

May the Horse be with You!

I'm not going to lie- I'm proud of that caption:  May the horse be with you!!!  Get it?  For Halloween this year, Jeremy went as Obi Wan Kenobi (Star Wars Jedi) and Grace wanted to be a horse...
Jeremy has known for quite some time that he wanted to dress up as something from Star Wars.  I was going to "make" his costume, but Jason convinced me that it'd be much easier, take less time, (and was  cheaper) to just buy the costume from Target.  Ok, that convinced me.  That left Grace's costume... Let me be clear- Grace wanted to be a HORSE for Halloween.  She pointed out to me that every Halloween costume she's ever had went along with whatever them her birthday party was.  So, since she went horse back riding, she wanted to be a horse.  I wasn't sure I could pull off making a horse costume, so I borrowed a cow girl outfit from a friend as a backup.  Grace ended up wearing both on Halloween.  We went to our church's carnival (Grace's costume won 1st place in the costume contest) and then trick-or-treated with the Wiens family in the neighborhood near our church. 

No comments: