Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday, Jedi Jeremy!

There's something about Jeremy turning 6 that makes me feel emotional- the number 6 just feels so much more "big boy" to me.  Sigh... My BABY just turned 6!

It feels like we celebrated all weekend.  First up was his birthday dinner and by special request, we headed to the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Jen and Dan were able to join us, too.  The waiters sang, "Happy Birthday" to him and he beamed with all the attention on him.  It makes me think of years prior when our shy Jeremy would hide behind me whenever any attention was on him...  
 Ever since last year, Jeremy knew he wanted a Star Wars themed party this year.  Realizing my own time limitations, I relented and decided to have his party at Skywalk, a trampoline area.  He got to invite his closest friends and a few friends from school.  It is a huge blessing that his closest friends are boys who have been in his life for as long as he can remember!  The boys had a blast jumping and running around.  I was still able to incorporate some Star Wars party ideas (love Pinterest!).  





I don't feel like I have enough words to express how much I love our kids.  Jeremy fills my heart- he is endearing, goofy, inquisitive, funny, silly, caring, and intelligent... I love to hear him read, love to hear his curious and innocent questions, love to hear his laughter, love to snuggle with him... I am so proud to be his Mama! More importantly, even though he's 6 now, he is still a Mama's boy, hahaha!

No comments: