Thursday, July 1, 2010

Overdue Update

I am sooo behind in my posts... That's what happens when you don't have internet access! I have some major catching up to do before I can even post about our time here in Canada!



My Birthday Weekend
On June 19, Jason arranged for some close friends to meet me for dinner to celebrate my birthday. It was a surprise- he had told me were were going out to dinner just the two of us. It was so nice to enjoy a good meal with friends! Jason had also arranged for the kids to spend the night at Grandma's house, so we got some time to ourselves that evening. The next day, we celebrated Father's Day and my actual-birthday by going to Jason's mom's house. By request, we had bacon wrapped filet mignon topped with gorgonzola cheese and a balsamic vinagrette sauce. Oh my goodness, it was sooo good... On Monday, we headed out to Jill and Adam's home for a meal with them and the Wienses. It was a great evening- aside from getting to talk and hang out, we spent time with their chickens and even got in some pool time (it was freeeeezing, though!). Christa made me a strawberry shortcake for dessert- the perfect end to what I am going to claim as my birthday weekend!
North Fresno Church's VBS
Vacation Bible School takes place every summer and yet this was the first year that we registered Grace to attend. It seems like we are always heading out of town during the same time frame. Even this year, she only went for 3 days. She had so much fun and made some new friends. She came home most excited about the singing time.
On Thursday, we headed to Jason's family's reunion. His mom's side, the Penners, get together every 2 years. Since I've been in the family, we've gathered at Shaver Lake, on a cruise, in Colorado, and this year, we headed to Tahoe. Next post will be about the reunion!

No comments: