Sunday, March 2, 2008

Back to "Normal"

After taking turns being sick, our family is finally back to good health. Jeremy still has the occasional cough, but he's usually in such a good mood, you wouldn't know that he's actually getting over a cold!

On another note, I just wanted to share how excited I am for the recent changes at my work! I volunteered to teach a 5th/6th grade combination class about a week before I went on maternity leave back in September. I went back to work right after Winter Break, and it's been non-stop craziness ever since. Jason has been absolutely amazing, stepping in, and helping out with with the kids and housework. I have been overworking, staying at work late and then staying up until 1 am most nights to do work after the kids (and Jason) went to bed. Especially with 2 grade levels, 37 homeroom kids, 28 deployment kids, and teaching all of 6th grade writing, there was always so much to prepare for. Up until last week, I felt like I was drowning and even though it was only 8 weeks since I returned, I was already burned out! I definitely contemplated resigning from my job- after all, I enjoy my job, but my family absolutely comes first. I didn't feel like I was doing a very good job balancing all of my responsibilities. The idea of staying home all of a sudden became very appealing. Anyway, within a week, things have completely changed... It seems like it was from out of nowhere, but my district finally decided to split my class. Basically, a new teacher was hired and all of my 6th graders became their own class. The two other 6th grade classes had 40 and 37 kids so a few students from those classes were moved to decrease those numbers. So imagine this- I had 37 kids in a combo class... and now I have 17 in 5th grade. I can't even begin to tell you what a difference that makes! This past week, my work load/stress load has decreased substantially. I am so thankful! Praise God!

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

Wow Jeremy does look so happy and perky! Wow what a blessing to have 17 fith graders! That sounds like the dream class!