Monday, March 10, 2008

Princess Grace

I followed Grace around on Saturday morning, trying to record her doing the things she usually does. She started twirling, which made me bring out her "princess dress." She typically hasn't shown any interest in girly things, but on Saturday, she absolutely loved wearing her princess dress (thanks to Shannon, who gave Grace the dress for her birthday in Oct.). She even wore it to play in her sandbox outside!!!


Gracie really enjoys coloring, drawing, and painting. Her pictures are pretty cute. Just so that we'd have something to look back on, I had her explain her picture to Jason and recorded it. I drew the blue cat; everything else is hers. I have to share: the spider was originally supposed to be a picture of me. She drew too many legs, so it became an "appletos" (octopus), and then she decided it was actually a spider. I was trying so hard not to laugh as she was explaining to me what happened to her picture of Mama!


We've decided to enroll her in a preschool next year. In fact, we pre-registered today. I'm excited about the learning opportunities that she'll have at preschool. She's learning at her in-home daycare, but I know she'll really love doing the art/craft projects, learning songs, etc. at a preschool. When I stop to think about it, people are right about how fast time flies by. She'll have one year of preschool, and the year after that, she'll be going to Kindergarten! Amazing.

No comments: