Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Spending Time with Friends

I never in a million years would have thought that someday, someone that I knew in Fresno would end up in Edmonton... Well, it's happened! Our friends, James and Ann Siebert moved in June from Fresno to Edmonton and today, we got a chance to meet up with each other. I have to admit that it's a little strange. Their new home is in the same area as my parents' home. Isn't that funny? Anyway, it was a gorgeous day here in Edmonton, so we decided to take our girls for a picnic in Kinsmen Park. This park is in Edmonton's river valley and aside from the actual playground, also houses one of Edmonton's biggest recreation centers. I used to go play volleyball there quite frequently in my university days. The girls had a wonderful time playing together, and it was nice to spend some time with James and Ann. This past weekend, we went to watch Sam, our friends' daughter play soccer. Well, Jason and I watched the game. Gracie ended up spending most of the game blowing bubbles with "Uncle Peter" (Okay kind of confusing, but I know two Peters: one is my brother, and one is a friend. This Uncle Peter isn't my brother... Actually, we're teaching Gracie to call my brother Peter, Cau Son. We've decided that all of my family members are going to be addressed in Vietnamese. Hey, the girl's gotta learn some Vietnamese somehow!). Anyway, here are some pictures I forgot to post earlier. My 5th bubble tea

No comments: