Monday, July 16, 2007

Peter's Birthday

It was my brother's birthday on Friday, and he flew up from Calgary yesterday so we could celebrate with a BBQ. Growing up, our family was very close to the Tran family. Over the years, we have been able to maintain our bonds and have remained close. We've been through a lot together, that's for sure! I don't remember ever being without them in my life. They're practically family. Here are us six "kids": Sarah, Binh, Linda, Peter, Thao, Jane (look at how huge I have gotten!)
For Peter's birthday, the guys decided to go golfing (his favorite thing to do) on Monday. Instead of the regular 18 holes, they're actually going for 36 holes. To get a head start, they decided to take some practice shots in the backyard after dinner. It turned into a competition... Jason and competitions! The things guys will do to keep themselves entertained. I think it's funny that the last time Jason golfed was here in Edmonton last summer. In fact, last summer, he went about 6 times during our month long visit. He's only been twice this year. After it got too dark for the guys to see the golf balls, we played Scrabble in teams. Jason and I ended up playing together. Wouldn't you know it, we won! For those of you who don't know, Jason and I can get really competitive, so it was probably for the best that we were on the same team!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Jane, you really look pregnant! I'm so anxious to rub your belly (I bet you can't wait for that either--hehe). On another note, can I please go to Edmonton with you some time? It looks so great!