Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mmm mmm Good!

Until I left Edmonton, I grew up in Edmonton's Vietnamese Alliance Church. My pastor, who I call Muc Su, is still pastoring the Vietnamese ministries there (there are English ministries for English-speakers). Anyway, we were treated to a special lunch today at his house. He made a traditional Vietnamese meal called
Banh Xeo, also known as Vietnamese Pancakes, or Saigon Crepes. It has been at least eight years since I've had them. I'm including a link of the closest recipe I could find to what Muc Su made. It was delicious! Here are some pictures of Muc Su showing us how to make Banh Xeo.

The end result!

In the evening, we met up with some friends at A Taste of Edmonton. Basically, Sir Winston Churchill Square is packed with over 35 restaurants, each one with different menu items. Tickets are used to purchase the items. Let's see... Some of the things we tried: Creole Jambalaya, Calamari, Pad Thai, Wasabi Beef on a Bun, Lobster & Shrimp Rotini, Sweet Potato Fries, Ginger Beef, Pork Dumplings, Alberta Beef Mini Burgers, Green Papaya Salad, and Lemongrass Beef Skewer. The desserts were to die for! Crepes with Icecream and Chocolate, Mocha Pie, Green Tea Icecream, Chocolate Mango Raspberry Cake, Belgian Chocolate Pear, and Tiramisu. Hopefully, you can see why this festival is one we look forward to every year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane, Thank you for letting me share your family vacation pictures. Grace is growing so big. Congrats on the 8 years....

Nancy Anderson