Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter Break

It seems like we always go out of town somewhere whenever we're on break, but it was soooo nice to not have anything planned this Winter Break. The relaxation was much needed!

With all our free time, Grace found things to do to keep her busy.  She looked on Pinterest for a recipe for ripe bananas and made some Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream frosting.  I was really proud of her because she made everything herself from start to finish.  She even used a ziploc baggie to pipe on the frosting. (Our family LOVES to watch cooking and baking shows).

I was able to spend time with my former Herndon Barstow co-workers.  They had a wine tasting- fun!  It was so great to reconnect with friends.
 I spent some time doing some deep cleaning.  These two baskets hold almost every card/invitation/announcement that we've gotten since we've been married (not including Christmas cards- those are in other boxes).  It took me hours, but I was able to go through both baskets.  It was so fun to walk down memory lane... I did throw out some items, but couldn't part with most of it!  I cleared some space though, so that's good!
I was also able to finish up projects here and there.  I finally found a frame for these amazing postcards that Jason bought me for Christmas.  We saw these paintings in Edmonton last summer and I fell in love.  The actual paintings and prints are somewhat pricey, but I absolutely love this postcard series. It  will be a wonderful reminder to me of my hometown. 
It was such a nice Winter Break!

No comments: