Saturday, February 15, 2014

Chuc Mung Nam Moi (in Fresno!)

Lunar New Year was actually celebrated in the Central Valley this year!  First time ever!  And I learned of the celebration from a poster on the window of a nail salon, ha!  I was very excited to take our family to this event, but I knew that with it being the first year, it'd probably be small.
Grace proudly wore her ao dai.  Jeremy really wanted to wear his, but sadly, it didn't fit.
 Excited to get li xi!
Grace loved trying the fried fish balls

I was right- the New Year's event has a long ways to go, but I really appreciated being among all the  Vietnamese people.  This time of year always makes me homesick, but this event did ease that this year. I hope our kids will continue to get opportunities to experience our culture in this area in years to come.
Chuc Mung Nam Moi!

No comments: