Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ending off the School Year

Grace ended off her 3rd grade year with High Honors.  At Manchester GATE, they only hand out actual awards at the end of the year.  Each corner has a sticker indicating what the student earned each quarter.  Grace earned 3 High Honors (4.00 GPA, meaning straight As), and 1 Honor Roll.  Kind of funny that the only B she got all year was in Social Studies, which is the subject that Jason teaches.  Of course we are so proud of our Grace- what a wonderful year she has had!


Jeremy also had a wonderful year.  He learned soooo much and is more than ready for kindergarten. I had to take a picture of this card he wrote for his teacher- I just love it!
As a teacher, there are definitely some years in which I grow very attached to my students.  This was one of those years.  Don't get me wrong- we had plenty of ups and downs this year!  They were not always well-behaved- I mean, they are 5th graders after all, lol!  At the end of each day, I didn't dread returning to work the next day.  I really did love my year!
On our last day, my students informed me as they came into the classroom that it was "Yellow Day" and they were wearing yellow in honor of me (yellow is my favorite color).  How sweet is that?!  This alone meant so much to me and pretty much sums up how I feel about this past year...

To celebrate the end of the year, after I picked up the kids, we went to see a movie (The Croods). I can't believe that we'll have a 4th grader and kindergartener next year!  Crazy!  Before we start thinking about next school year though, our family has a busy summer ahead of us!  

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great year you had! Glad you felt accomplished and thankful for the year! Enjoy your time off with family!