Saturday, May 5, 2012

Coldplay

It has been on my bucket list and now I get to cross it off- I got to see my favorite music group COLDPLAY last weekend!  With all my anticipation, I was really hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed... The concert was AWESOME!  

Jason's mom watched the kids overnight so that Jason and I could spend the night in San Jose.  Before the concert, we met up with our friends, Krystal and Corey for dinner at San Pedro Bistro Wine Bar.  Overall, it was a nice dinner, though a little expensive considering the portion of my scallops!  We walked from the bistro to HP Pavilion and unfortunately, caught a little of one of the opening acts.  The wait for Coldplay was worth it! 
Every person in the arena was given a wristband when we entered.  We didn't really know what they were for, but when the show finally started, we soon discovered that the wristbands lit up and was synchronized for the show.  Imagine an entire arena blinking with lights!  It was AH-mazing!
 


 
One of my pet peeves is going to a concert where the band sounds exactly like their CD.  I feel like a concert experience should be a little different and interactive.  Coldplay did a great job- they even changed up how some of their songs started which made the concert even more interesting.  Most of the concerts Jason and I have attended have been Jason's music taste.  Going to see Coldplay was definitely for me- what a difference it made to be able to sing along to the songs and dance to a group that I love!  The show lasted 1.5 hours and included many of their well-known and well-loved hits, as well as a lot of songs from their latest album.
 I am so glad I got the chance to see them live... I would totally see them again if the chance ever came up again.  Is it ok for me to add them back onto my bucket list?  I LOVE COLDPLAY!

No comments: