Saturday, September 29, 2007

Working on the Nursery


On Thursday, Jason's mom and sister came and painted the walls of the nursery. Months ago, I had wanted something a lot simpler than what we did for Gracie's room (my friend Jill and I spent A LOT of time painting Gracie's room!), but in these last few weeks, I've been envisioning something completely different. So, we still have quite a bit to do. On our to-do list for this week is adding a chair rail around the room (Jason), and painting some jungle animals on the walls (Jane). We're trying to include Gracie now in as much stuff as possible as we get ready for our new one's arrival. This morning, Jason put the crib (back) together, and Gracie got out her tool set to help. What a great little helper! I think she'll be a good gopher when the baby arrives. I can see it now- "Gracie, go get Mama a diaper," or "Gracie, go throw this diaper in the garbage..." I'll post pictures of the baby room when it's done!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Way to go Grace! And good thinkin' Mom! The more "fun" it is to help Mom when she's little, the more she'll want to help as she grows older.