Sunday, September 9, 2007

Surreal

This weekend, my close friends flew from Edmonton to San Jose to visit with family. I was supposed to drive to meet with them today in San Francisco. However, the idea of being 8 months pregnant, driving 3 hours there, and 3 hours back in one day wasn't something that I was looking forward to. It's not often that they come this close to where we are though, so I really was stuck with a dilemma!
I am so fortunate because they called yesterday morning and decided to drive here instead. Binh and Thao (both were in my wedding), Linda (their sister), Binh's husband, Neil, and Thao's daughter, Sammy, took about 3 hours to drive from San Jose, and they couldn't stay very long while they were here. I was so excited to show them our house. Then, we took them to Fig Garden Village since it's in our neighborhood to walk around for a little bit. I asked them what they wanted to do and guess what we did... Well, Neil and Jason went back to our house so that Gracie and Sammy could go swimming in our pool. The girls? We spent about an hour and half at Target!!! There aren't any Targets in Canada (in the western part, anyway)! It was certainly my pleasure to spend that much time at Target. I easily can spend that much time there on my own, and I can go any time I want.
After our Target spree, we ate dinner at Chipotle and parted ways after dessert at Coldstone (that's twice we've been there this weekend and I didn't get any!). I kept thinking to myself how surreal it was to have my friends here. It's been many, many years since they've seen my "neck of the woods." I am truly grateful that they sacrificed an entire day to drive way out here to Fresno to basically do nothing except see our family. I was just so filled with joy to see them and spend some time with them. It took Gracie no time at all to once again cling to Sammy. She cried when we told her Sammy had to go home on an airplane. She kept insisting that we go along as well. The very first thing she said when I woke her up this morning was, "I see Sammy and Uncle Neil." I had to sadly remind her that Sammy had to go home already. Thank you, dear friends, for coming to see me! Love you guys!
Thao, me, Binh, Linda
These two bottom pictures are for those of you who haven't seen me in a while-
Yup, I'm huge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there with you ladies... But I'm glad you had a great time with them!