Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Almost Ready...

I'm almost ready... not to have this baby, but to go off on disability leave! My last day was supposed to be last Friday, but I begged my doctor to let me work this week since I didn't have a long term substitute teacher in place. Jason would probably say that this is one of those times that really shows my stubborn side. Here's why, though: I just started with my brand new 5th/6th combination class last Tuesday, and to leave on Friday would've made me extremely overwhelmed and stressed out to try and get everything ready for a sub that I didn't have yet. My doctor thinks that I'm overdoing it, and well, I am finally going to have to agree with him. I've continued to have several contractions every day, am completely exhausted, and totally uncomfortable. Even with this extra week of work, it hasn't helped that I have an appointment of some kind every day except today. Until the baby is born, I now have to go for non-stress tests twice a week, see my doctor once a week, and go to my diabetes clinic once a week. The appointment times for this week had to be scheduled for early afternoon, which means I have to leave work before the school day even ends. That's not exactly the preparation time I was hoping for with this extra week of work. I was hoping to stay at school later to get stuff done, but so much for that. Thank goodness, though, today my principal and I were able to interview 2 more candidates for the position. We both feel confident about one in particular, and she's agreed to commit until I return after Winter Break. She's going to come and observe me for the remainder of the week (on her own initiative), and I really feel that this will be so helpful! I hope all of this will work out- it'll be a huge weight off my shoulders!

No comments: