Saturday, June 2, 2007

Two New Blog Features

We're adding two new features to our blog. Every once in a while, we're going to ask a "Poll Question." Thanks to the Wiens' for the idea! To start off this new feature, how's this question: Should we find out whether we are having a boy or a girl? We keep meaning to scan the images from our ultrasound last week to post, but haven't done so yet... Sorry about that! The ultrasound showed us many glimpses of our little one. He/she is extremely active! I was very tempted to find out while we there what we were having, but the moment passed and I still don't know. However, the imaging lab printed out a picture of "the area" and typed in if it was a boy or girl. They sealed the print in an envelope for us, so if we really, really wanted to know, we still could. It's been sitting on the table in our front room for the past week... I've tried not to think about it, but... I love the idea of surprises, but can I really wait that long to find out?!
The second feature is a Pregnancy Due Date Ticker Countdown at the bottom of our blog. Thanks to the Alveys for this idea! As of this week, I'm halfway there! Can I wait another 20 weeks to find out whether "it" is a he or a she?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't do it you guys!! Resist the urge to find out the sex...it's the only true secret in life!
love ya, lavonne

Aaron said...

I say don't do it. It is a lot of fun to find out when he/she is born. If you do decide to wait, get rid of the envelope. That is torture to have it right there and it will eat you up. Out of sight, out of mind.

Lisa said...

Don't do it Jane! It is so much fun not knowing... wondering... guesing... wagering??? Hmmm, there's an idea! Anyway, I digress. I do agree with Aaron though, ditch the envelope to remove temptation. I tried to vote on the poll but couldn't...