Thursday, June 7, 2007

John Mayer and Ben Folds

Last night, Jason and I went to the John Mayer concert at the SaveMart Center. I got tickets for Jason for his birthday. Actually, I got him tickets to go see the opening act, Ben Folds. Jason's taste in music is somewhat "different" so if you've never heard of Ben Folds, well, you're not alone. Last night though, even I found Ben Folds to be entertaining. One of the few Ben Folds songs I like: Still Fighting It. Here's something more people have heard: Rockin' the Suburbs.
John Mayer was in top musical form. He's such a talented musician. However, we both wish he had been more interactive. He didn't really "talk"- he just played one song to the next. I particularly enjoyed his acoustic set. Two songs he played last night: Belief and Gravity.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Glad you a fun time...looks like from your photo that you're sitting almost exactly where Julie and I were for the Ricky Martin concert!