Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reminiscing about Gracie's First Year

This past week, I had to take a computer class. The highlight was that as an extra project, I was able to work on something not school related. I decided to put together some snapshots of Gracie's first year of life. During these last few weeks, Jason and I have been reminiscing about Gracie's birth and the months following that... We've recalled how she came into the world, how tiny she was, and how we were sleep-deprived... We've also talked about the milestones- her first smile, her giggles, her first teeth, rolling over, eating rice cereal for the first time... Now we look at her, and it's hard to believe that we're going to experience a newborn all over again. Just as Gracie's on the verge of being potty-trained, we're about to begin this whole process again!
I'm emotional anyway, but putting together this short movie allowed me to really revisit the joy of having a child. The pictures remind me of what a treasure Grace is, and how grateful I am to have her in my life. It also helps me to realize how fortunate I feel that we get to have another little one. Please continue to pray for us- for me and my health, for the baby's healthy development, for Jason as he works hard on getting our house ready, and for Gracie, who's going to be a big sister!



("Gracie" sung by Ben Folds)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you got some skill! Haha... I started getting teary eyed watching the videoclip. It's hard to believe how fast she's growing up. Get ready, because I'm going to teach Gracie lots of things this summer that will drive you and Jason NUTS! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay the other Sarah was right, you are good at videos!!! I have never heard that song before. Going to have to play it for our Gracie!
Sarah fuller

Christa said...

Well done! Very sweet video.