Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I love Thanksgiving!  Jason's mom makes the BEST Thanksgiving meal and we haven't let her make any changes over the years!
 I am thankful for so many things and the top of the list would be my family!
 On Thanksgiving Day, we went to our church's first Turkey Trot.  Aaron organized it and all participants brought items for our church's food pantry.  Jeremy and I walked/jogged 2 miles, and Grace and Jason ran the 5K. 

With Jason's family's Thanksgiving held earlier in the week,  we still wanted to make the actual day "special."  I decided to try making my very first pie crust from scratch, and Jason decided to make homemade noodles for turkey noodle soup. 
They were both labors of love- I have utmost respect for people who can so easily make pies!  I had such a hard time.  Luckily, it tasted alright!  Jason also learned some things about making noodles for next year.

I'm glad we got to spend a good few days together as a family because Friday rolled around and I got sick- with strep!!!!  Last year, I missed 8 school days for sickness, much of it due to strep.  Actually, I got strep at the same time this year as I did last year!  I was able to convince the doctor not to give me amoxicillin, since 2 rounds of that made no effect on me last year.  We went straight to the "Z-pack" and I was back at work by Wednesday.  Jason also got strep for the 2nd time this year and missed a day of work.  It was definitely an interesting week for our household- the first time we've both been sick since we've had kids.  If anything, it made me feel even more grateful to have a partner to go through life's ups and downs with.  

No comments: