Sunday, March 18, 2012

Everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day!

An occasion to hang out with friends, dress in green, eat good food (and drink Guinness)?!  Count us in! 

On Friday night, the kids and I baked some rainbow cupcakes to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Grace and I used to bake a lot- these days, life is just too hectic.  Friday night reminded me how I really need to do this more often with the kiddos!

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with our friends, the Wiens and Brooks families. Aaron made a fantastic Irish dinner consisting of corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and he even made Irish soda bread! For dessert, we had Guinness Chocolate Cake with Bailey's Buttercream Frosting and the kids enjoyed our rainbow cupcakes. 

I think these turned out pretty well! :)

The kids loved them, and that's all that really matters!
Such a fun evening- I think we should make it annual tradition!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: