Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jeremy and T-Ball

This is the first year that Grace has played softball. We never would've considered having her try at an earlier age. Yet here we are, letting Jeremy try and he's 3! I found out from our friends, the Bergs, that the City of Fresno holds sports leagues for kids as young as 3 years old. They signed up their boys and we decided to join them. Our boys are on the same team- the Athletics. Their first game was this past Saturday- I have to share that I had so much fun watching my sweet Bear out on the field! I am definitely a pessimist- I wasn't expecting for it to be a good morning. Jeremy has become very reserved and shy in the last little while, so in the back of my mind, I was worried that we'd end up having to coax him to go out on the field. To my complete surprise, when the coach called for the boys to join him, Jeremy did not hesitate- he ran right out! My 3 year old, still my baby and yet a big boy! He had such a great time and it showed- he spoke about baseball for most of the day, and insisted on wearing his hat and team shirt until bedtime. Even though it was only the first day, the coaches did a wonderful job already teaching important baseball skills. Jeremy is so excited about his next game and so am I!

1 comment:

Christa Wiens said...

So cute! He looks so big.