Thursday, October 25, 2007

Time with Grace

The weather in Fresno this past week has been so nice! Today, I took Gracie and Jeremy to Oso de Oro Park. We met up with our friends, Christa and Jamie, and Grace got a chance to play with Isaac, Violet, and Charlotte. I was also able to sneak away and spend a little bit of time alone with Grace (Jeremy was fast asleep and Christa and Jamie took turns holding him). Grace and I went on a short walk to go watch ducks in the pond and we came across some geese. She had fun following them around until one turned around and started following her. That certainly freaked her out! Aside from that, I was glad to have some time alone with her. I know that even though she's been completely accepting of Jeremy, any feelings she's had about his birth have been directed at me. She has had many moments of not wanting anything to do with me. For example, she has refused to give me hugs or kisses, refuses to tell me that she loves me, tells me that she's mad at me, or that she doesn't want me... It's been hard to hear but I'd prefer that she take it all out on me as opposed to Jeremy. I know that in the long run, things will be fine between us. For now though, I'll just continue to look forward to times when the two of us can be alone together.

No comments: