Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cut, cut, cut!

I finally made it a priority to take Grace to an actual salon today to get her hair cut. I've cut her bangs since she was 18 months, but it's always been at least a 3 day process. I cut it one day, then notice how uneven it is the next day, so I trim it again, and then trim it again on the 3rd day. Even then, it doesn't always look right. With Grace turning 3 in a few weeks, we thought it was time for her to finally get the rest of her hair cut. It was starting to look stringy.
I took her to ScissorHands, which is right down the street from our house. The amount of time we waited for her turn was longer than the actual hair cut. When I cut her hair at home, I usually give her a lollipop every time I make her sit for me. Actually, it ends up being several DumDum pops by the time I'm finished. Today, she only got to eat one. The stylist made it look so easy- and Grace was totally cooperative, which resulted in her hair being done in no time at all. Great job, Gracie! Okay, this picture doesn't really show anything dramatically different, but at least her hair is trimmed and not so out of control!

No comments: