Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grace's Artist Birthday Party

October is definitely a party month for the Isaacs!  As soon as Jeremy's birthday party was done with, I switched gears to work on Grace's party.  This year, she definitely had her own ideas on what she wanted, so that made it a little easier for me.  Grace asked to have a party centered around painting, so we had an artist party.  As soon as her friends arrived, they used fabric markers to decorate their own personalized aprons.
We invited our artist friend, Ashley, to come and teach the girls a painting lesson.  It was wonderful!  She did an amazing job teaching the kids different painting techniques as they painted on canvas. 
I had to post this picture- Jeremy didn't get to paint with the girls, but he was completely fascinated and stood completely focused on Ashley as she taught her lesson.
 
 The girls showing off their artwork and aprons
Grace's masterpiece!
Grace was very specific- she wanted a rainbow cake that looked like an artist's palette... I'm so glad she loved her cake!  I can't believe it has been 7 years that she has been in our lives.  I am so grateful for my sweet, beautiful, intelligent, sensitive, caring, and thoughtful girl!  Happy Birthday, Gracie! 

No comments: