Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I bet you didn't know this about me- aside from Thanksgiving, Good Friday and Easter are two of my favorite holidays of the year- more so than Christmas! These days symbolize so much to me, and I'm not talking about the Easter bunny, chocolate, or Easter eggs. I spent a lot of time on Good Friday reflecting on what it means to have a Savior, His love and sacrifice, and what that means for me as a person who strives to live in a way that shines Christ. In fact, Grace and Jeremy even joined me in my personal praise session on Friday night, singing about Christ's love for us. Below is one song that stirs my heart (I did not show the kids this- we just listened to the music). It's called, "Lead Me to the Cross," by Hillsong United.




And so of course the story doesn't end there- Praise the Lord- He is risen! We celebrated Easter Sunday by first going to church. It was great to witness 11 people being baptized- what a special reminder of Christ's love for us. After church, we headed up to Jason's mom's house to spend the rest of the day. Lunch was fantastic (as usual!) and it was great to spend some time together. Jeremy participated in his first egg hunt, and he was actually able to find quite a few on his own. My hope is that though it's fun to do the egg hunt, dye eggs, and talk about the Easter bunny, that Easter won't become as commercialized as Christmas, where its true meaning is easily hidden. Hope you all had a great Easter! Pictures of our Easter are on the right!

No comments: