Saturday, October 25, 2008

Volleyball is Over!

The playoffs were held today at my district's Championship Jamboree at Koligian Stadium. Basically, all fall sports finals were today. Football played on the field, cross country ran a path along the outside of the stadium with the finish line inside, and volleyball was at one end of the football field. Our game was the first one of the day, so it doesn't seem like there were many people there in the picture below, but it got packed once football started. My team lost in the first round against Herndon-Barstow. They were phenomenal this year, so we had expected that it'd be a really tough game. We got beat really badly the first match (25-6), but my girls came back from being 9-0 in the second match, taking over the lead. I think the pressure really got to them, because they fell apart soon afterward. The second match ended up being 25-17. I had an awesome time coaching this year, but I have to admit that I'm glad it's over with. Jason and I knew we were going to busy with both of us working and coaching, but we really had no idea how crazy it would get. I am really looking forward to our lives slowing down. At least, that's what I'm expecting!Everyone's smiling, despite the loss! Lots to be proud of!

No comments: