Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cau Son and Co Teresa

Sorry- life has been soooo hectic, I haven't had time to update our blog! A few weekends ago, Jason and I took the kids on our first road trip since Jeremy was born. It was a short one, but about all we could probably handle for now. Teresa, my brother's girlfriend, had a job training in Morgan Hill (right outside San Jose) so we went to meet up with her and my brother, Peter. They flew down from Calgary for about 5 days, but we could only see them on the weekend. It was good to spend some time with them. It took Grace a while to warm up to them last summer, but she was immediately comfortable with them this last visit. She calls them, Cau Son and Co Teresa (Uncle and Auntie). In San Jose, we went to the Children's Discovery Museum). It was ok. We had been looking forward to it, and were kind of disappointed, but oh well. Grace enjoyed it, and that's what matters. Afterwards, we went to the "Eastside," for some authentic Vietnamese food. Yum- we found a place that served a Vietnamese style fondue. I wish we had places like that in Fresno! After dinner, we returned to the hotel to put the kids down for the night. Grace can't fall asleep if we're in the same room as her, so Jason and I decided to splurge and get a "suite." It had a bedroom and a small living room. Grace and Jeremy were able to go to sleep at their usual time and Jason and I were still able to hang out (and watch a lot of home improvement shows). It was soooo worth it. I don't know how we're going to all stay in one room in the future! The next day, we found a small bagel shop for breakfast in Morgan Hill, and then parted ways. I begged Jason to stop at the Gilroy Outlets on our way home. He gave me a limit of 4 stores to visit- and then he decided to also go shopping. Somehow, he ended up coming home with the most stuff! Click on our Photo Album for pictures of our visit with Peter and Teresa (thanks for the pics, guys!).

No comments: