Monday, August 6, 2007

Pregnancy Update

It totally dawned on me today that I have yet to share some of our baby's ultrasound pictures from 10 weeks ago. (In case you didn't know, there's a pregnancy countdown at the bottom of this blog- I'm 29 weeks along!) Some people have made predictions about whether it's a boy or girl based on these ultrasound pictures, but the one with the actual label of "boy/girl" is still in a sealed envelope. Surprisingly, we haven't been tempted to look at it. What do you think?!








On another note, I had my glucose tolerance test done last week and got the results today. It turns out that I have gestational diabetes... Does anyone know anything about that? I'm feeling really scared because I don't know what that involves, what to expect because I have that, and how that affects the baby. I also can't think of anyone that I know of who's had that during their pregnancy (or has shared about it). I have to go into St. Agnes' Diabetes Center on Friday to learn how to monitor my blood sugar level, change my diet, etc. I knew there had to be a reason why I have been unusually tired and hungry this pregnancy. Anyway, please continue to keep me and the baby in your prayers!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jane, thanks for sharing your pics. If I remember right, Tina Chandler had gestational diabetes (or was at least borderline) with Alison. You might want to touch bases with her. Of course that was 13 years ago! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane and Jason I think you need to open that letter and find out. I must tell you we have that exact same pictue, that last one. If that tells you anything :) I am kidding but I thought it did kinda look like something there between the legs.