Monday, August 27, 2007

Girls' Weekend

For my birthday present earlier this year, Jason got me tickets to see Josh Groban. I didn't get to see him when he was in Fresno a few months ago, but he had a concert date in Stockton (so random, I know) just this past Friday, so I got to go! In fact, I went with Jason's mom and sister, Jennifer. We made it a girls' weekend, probably my last hurrah for a while. We left Fresno on Friday afternoon and were able to have a nice dinner in Stockton before the concert. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my own to share- cameras weren't allowed. I will say though, that it was GREAT! His music really calms me and it was such a treat to hear him live. I also really enjoyed the fact that he was so personable and interactive. He has a great sense of humor, and talked as if he were talking to just a few people, not an entire arena. At one point during the concert, he even walked through the arena- he was right in front of us (3 rows) and it took a second before we realized that it was him. Thank you, Jason, for such a special night!
We spent the next day in Sacramento's IKEA. I'm actually serious when I say "the next day-" we were in IKEA for about 6 hours. And I ended up leaving with the most stuff! I love that store...
After a really emotional and overwhelming Thursday and Friday morning, I am grateful to have been able to enjoy a great weekend! (I'll try to blog about the other stuff later this week).