Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

Yesterday was 90 something degrees
outside and guess where I was in the blistering heat?! My class was given tickets to attend the Fresno Grizzlies' day game against Las Vegas' 51s. It was a reward for students who have "Made the Grade." Anyway, most of you know that watching baseball is not one of my favorite past-times (give me hockey any day), much less sitting in the hot sun, surrounded by kids eating tons of junk food, and all the while, being pregnant. I called Jason (who was of course, at work) right before the game started to share with him that I was calling him from our seats along the 3rd base side, second row, field level. The Grizzlies were very nice- some of them came over and gave our kids some autographs, but aside from that, we were pretty much up close with the 51s. We had to leave the game early so the kids could return to school in time to take their regular buses home, but by then, it was so hot that they were all relieved when it was time to go. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures. Here are two just to show you how close to the field we were.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Oh, how it pains me to hear you speak of baseball without love!

Jamie said...

Don't like baseball??? That must be why you'll never become a US citizen. You know they won't let you "in" unless you can sit through a double-header of the two worst teams starting at noon in August!

Anonymous said...

Always remember... you're Canadian, hockey flows in your blood! :)