Saturday, April 7, 2007

I Big Girl!


On Thursday, Jason and I went and bought Gracie a "big girl" bed. We haven't felt rushed to move her out of her crib since she's not one of those kids who has been climbing out of it. We figured it was time- there are going to be many other things to get used to as October approaches. Switching to a new bed is something that can be done now, so why not. As soon as I picked her up from daycare, I told her we had a surprise for her. When we got home, she ran to her room. She climbed into bed and tested it out, pretending to go to sleep. She even went to her crib and brought her blankets over. Later that night, as we put her down, she said, "I big girl!" And that was that. She went straight to sleep until we woke her up the next morning. The same thing happened last night. Gosh, that transition wasn't too bad at all (though I know we're only two days in)- if only it were that easy with potty training!

1 comment:

JOY said...

How wonderful that she is enjoying her new "big bed"!

My sister is at the potty training with her daughter - good luck with it.

Love the blog