Saturday, January 12, 2008

Busy Week!

Whew! We made it... barely, but we made it! This was my first week back at work full-time. I expected that it would be hectic, but really, nothing could've adequately prepared me for my new role as a working mom of two! I had a lot of things to catch up on in the classroom this week, and it'll definitely take me a little while longer to get reacquainted with everything. It has been nice to hear everyday from different people how they're glad I'm back at work. My class has changed immensely since I left in Sept. I now have 37 kids on my roster! We are the overflow school for our district, which means that any student who can't enroll at their home school due to full classes, is sent to our school. Other schools can't go exceed in numbers, but ours can to a certain degree because we're the "overflow." So, I am going to have to get used to having a revolving door for the rest of the year- kids are going to be coming and going. Despite all of that, it feels good to be back in the classroom. After everything my class put my sub through, I really thought I had my work cut out for me, but they're actually a pretty good bunch.
Jason has been amazing this week! He has always been a great dad, but this week in particular, he really helped me with the kids so that I could focus on getting things in order at work. Grace has been great- she loves that Jeremy now goes to daycare with her. She's always watching out for him, and tells us how his day went. Jeremy on the other hand, hasn't quite adjusted yet. We have come to describe him as an easy going, happy baby, but that wasn't the case this past week. He was grouchy, extremely needy, and for several nights, woke up every hour and a half or so through the night. I'd go in to give him his binky and he'd look up and smile at me. What a kid! Even after depriving me of much needed sleep, just a mere look at him and I melt! As of yesterday, he is now 3 months old! Time has gone by so quickly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Cutie!!!!
-Sarah F.